Donation/Contest Ideas

21 replies [Last post]
admin's picture

What could we do or rather what could I reward you guys with for giving a generous donation this month...  I would love to come up with something great I could do or give back in exchange for some generous donations to help get us into the new year.  

What are your ideas?

Thanks everybody!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

Joel's picture
Is it possible to bring back

Is it possible to bring back the Edit/View/Delete Poetry Portfolio which had all poems by title only, alphabetized/ in order?

--
"You think Einstein walked around thinking everyone was a bunch of dumb-shits?"

admin's picture
If you go to your portfolio

If you go to your portfolio page and click "view all posts" then sort it by "title" it should be the same.

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

Joel's picture
Thanks. I knew I had seen it

Thanks. I knew I had seen it somewhere. I should open my eyes a little more. lol

--
"You think Einstein walked around thinking everyone was a bunch of dumb-shits?"

spiritallover's picture
sorry i`m late in this conva

get an iphone app

and charge for service 

1.99 a month

have a mobile sign in

app for different phones too

have a contest and people who win get more features on there profiles

or contest winning gift cards 5$ 10$ 

and/or sell postpoems gear tshirts and mugs , hats , i know of some great websites that offer drop shipping 

and allow people to help you with banners for the store

just some ideas give away stuff for long members like 1year get a card  5 year a mug 10year a tshirt or somerhing like that

no matter how bad life is , it could always get worse

admin's picture
great ideas... thanks!

great ideas... thanks!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

spiritallover's picture
sorry i`m late in this conva

i would love a tshirt and hat to help advertise the best site ever

no matter how bad life is , it could always get worse

admin's picture
come to think of it... we do

come to think of it... we do have t-shirts... i completely forgot about this... i set it up years and years ago:

http://www.cafepress.com/pp_logo

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

nasheed's picture
Nice shop

Nice shop, thanks for posting it.

I was wondering if you can set up paypal for an option of monthly payments, it's easier this way.

Thank you for everything, you are very appreciated.

Miriam, Indiana

admin's picture
Mariam, thanks for the

Mariam, thanks for the suggestion... We had that on the old site, but haven't had a chance to set it up here.  Can you email me and I can help you get it set up if you like, and that will also remind me to work on it for the site.

Here's my address: jminton@jasonminton.com

thank you!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

yellowspecks's picture
Better late than never

I know I am coming in very late to this conversation, but I wanted to give my quick opinion. I have been a member over 6 years. I have not posted anything in over two years and not sure I will ever be able to write poetry again. Not the point. I would definitely pay $10 a year to keep my poems up on this site.

The only problem I can see with this is the younger kids, and there are a lot of them who come here to post their work and do not necessarily have a credit card or the money to pay without asking their parents. This will probably end up with PP losing most of this group of people. I think that would be a shame. These people are the future of poetry. I personally love interacting with them learning from them and their opinions on my work.

The ideas of having contests, premium services for a fee, and a free account for limited amounts of work sound great!

Whatever you decide Jason I owe you a huge thank you. I never realized how much it cost to keep PP going. I have learned so much, gained so many good friends and loved being a member here the entire 6 years. You do a great thing everyday.

Oh and by the way I love the spell check for comments!

admin's picture
Thanks great advice... I've

Thanks great advice...

I've been trying to think how to deal with this and my rough idea is to set up some kind of scholarships for people who can't afford it.

I want to make sure that everyone who takes it seriously and who really wants to post and learn and contribute can do so no matter what their ability to pay for the service is.

Not sure how I'll do it yet, and it won't happen soon, so we'll see.

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

admin's picture
Thanks Joel, great

Thanks Joel, great suggestions!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

K-S
K-S's picture
I am not a computer expert

I am not a computer expert and i do not know much about making websites. But maybe you could set up something where you pay a certain amount of money and the payer gets to customize a profile page or something like that??

just a suggestion...

We all have a sob story, but mines worse lol
dont argue

admin's picture
thx

thx

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

MatthewWayne's picture
I know

I am a little late to this conversation but I've had a few ideas, some I might have seen else where on here, but I like the idea of having a news sections where authors can post news updates on certian things or a general "tweet" of some kind. :)

Also I mentioned in another forum, that it would be great to see how many visitors read a certian poem/writing and have a record of how many came at certian days possibly? just an idea.

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

admin's picture
great ideas... thank you!

great ideas... thank you!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

admin's picture
Thanks for the input guys...

Thanks for the input guys...  I'll come up with something...  We aren't in any danger or anything, but it's always good to buffer...  Yearly server renewal expenses are approaching in a few months.

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

owlcrkbrg's picture
Idea

I once suggested having a poetry contest with an entry fee, but that might be a hassle.

I sell stuff for myself and other people on Ebay. Send me stuff to sell. I split 60-40. 40 for me. 

You might be surprised what sells on Ebay. Email me for more details. 

"There is no good writing, only good editing."

admin's picture
Yes, this is still a good

Yes, this is still a good idea...  just need to get the time to organize it and set up the means to accept the entry fees and all that...  eventually!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

demigodess's picture
hey!

im new here, so im not so sure of the goings on, but what if you held a tribute or like a dedication page to those who donated? some thing that would hopefully not cause you any more finacial stress.

~Grass is green~ <^>

admin's picture
Yes, that isn't a bad idea...

Yes, that isn't a bad idea... I would want to make sure that only those who want recognition get it... some like to remain anonymous.  I'll keep this in mind though.

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org