Post Poems has a Blog/Vlog and a top ten again! YEA!

15 replies [Last post]
running_with_rabbits's picture

So I have this habit of getting excited, speaking out of said excitement and leaping without thinking or looking. In the past this habit has been known to make life difficult, mostly in the areas of love, and well love :p. At present this habit is to thank for the fact that post poems not only has a top ten running again, but also an exciting new Vlog!! So when the anxiety wears off you will be the first people to know ;) I figure, seems how I am being trusted with this honour, you should all get to know a little about me. So I am a single mom, I over book myself and never leave enough time for mundane things like dishes, laundry, brushing my teeth before midnight for bed, and making coffee in the morning. (This explains my insane insomnia and the fact that at 1:45 am I am up writing a blog with freshly brushed teeth rather than soundly sleeping with slightly pasty post brushed teeth. Hopefully you can see where the crazy of taking on this blog fits and the anxiety came from). I believe in compassion and honesty, two things which rarely go hand in hand in most minds but I feel this is what makes me a good writer. I say what needs to be said when it needs to be said, sometimes adding pretty metaphors and eerie similes. I started writing when I was roughly 8 and I could not begin to tell you where my first actual poem took place but I can say that I joined post poems at the age of 16 and have been growing as a writer ever since! It is simply the best poetry site on the internet and every time I have tried to expand and join a new site I find myself comparing it to PP and running home where I belong. I feel my dear friend PoetryWings put it best when she said “I’ve honestly been on other poetry pages and they don't hold a candle to this site. There's a reason why we're close, why we write [collaborations], the comments are touching and heartfelt, the friendships are breath-taking, the support of this site is spectacular, and the talent on here is diverse and it's downright beautiful.” It’s the writers. We all make this site a safe place where we can express ourselves, show ourselves, and write what is there. I have noticed over the years that even when one gives criticism on this site, it is done so only for the sake of growth and in a kind, loving manner. That is why I am so excited to help promote both the site and the writers. So, there are a few things I want to try with this vlog and I am open to feed back on them. The first is clearly interviews with writers on the site. I am hoping to have the writer picked a month in advance so that people can email me questions they want to have answered by that writer and I can then pick a handful and ask away. Secondly, a self submitting top ten. Third is kind of like a speakers corner only for poets, there is this huge spoken word movement going on and I think it would be neat to have our poets recited or beat-box their own work and have it posted on our youtube channel. (Thinking of calling that bit Speak Out). Basically if there is a poem you would like to beat-box it would be submitted for Speak Out and one would be picked a month to be showcased. Forth is clearly a what’s new, who’s new, just general update and talk about postpoems posted once a month. Lastly, I was thinking of how people always ask poets they enjoy to comment on their work, which made me think about how often I get PMs (or have sent them) saying will you read this and comment, which lead to me thinking of the idea ‘A Poem Apart’. Thus far it looks like me picking poems I enjoy and reading them, then commenting and analysing them, giving my two cents (with the author’s permission of course), and possibly opening it up for discussion. Kind of like my recommended reads of the site. So please let me know what you think of these ideas and if you have any I might feel like taking on please share them. The email for the Vlog is mabuntu@postpoems.org Looking forward to working with you all. Much love Ash

Much Love

Ashley

emmenay's picture
THE VIDEO IDEA IS AN INGENUITY

Hi Jason. The video posting idea is innovative and an ingenuity. If you are mulling on the points system do keep in mind that a panel of critics, who are fully aware of the technical requirements of all forms of poetry, like rhymed verse, blank verse, free verse, prosody, rhapsody, quatrains, the ghazal form, the limerick style, Haiku and all its variations like renga, cinquain etc etc, along with the knowledge of metre, stanza, etc etc. What I intend to stress here is that not every poet on this site is suited to be a critic and I am sure you will agree with one of the oldest members of your website -- me!
A panel of critics can be formed, to review each and every poem worthy of points or unworthy too, so that it does not become a site which ends up becoming a laughing stock for other poetry websites -- and you must be fully aware that there are several out there making a mockery of this highest form of literary expression!
I need not prove my sincerity or loyalty as you are very much well informed and up to date on this. I wish you all the best and offer you my unflinching, unconditional support, all along....God willing!
Warm regards,
Sincerely,
Muhammad Naveed Ahmed (Emmenay).

Muhammad Naveed Ahmed.

Pen name:Emmenay.

Yahoo email ID:Ambitious7

Initials: M.N. Ahmed.

shazi's picture
Great Idea

Hi Jason, they say, "time flies when you are having fun". Come to think of it it has nearly been a decade since I joined and I couldnt agree more that it is the best poetry site. It has seen its changes, ups and downs but you have stuck to the task. Well done you and thank you.
Can I suggest that you introduce some points system thus encouraging fellow poets to indulge even more. The human psychology suggests that if we have something tangible, to compare, some target, some sense of achievement we strive more.
Regards
Dr S Latif

admin's picture
thanks

Hi Shehzad... that's awesome... glad to have you around for the past decade! I love your idea and you aren't the only one to suggest it, so I do have it on my list of things to get done. Thank you!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

truedreams's picture
What an awesome idea

It's a right step in a right direction, it's really a versatiled move

emmenay's picture
MY HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS

My heartiest congratulations to the team. May God Almighty bless us all. Best of luck to Jason and his team.

Muhammad Naveed Ahmed.

Pen name:Emmenay.

Yahoo email ID:Ambitious7

Initials: M.N. Ahmed.

readmy5tuff's picture
yes

Spectacular idea. I love the eyntire idea of it all. I find myself up at like four in the morning sometimes scouring pp it is like my home I don't believe there is a better sight online.

admin's picture
I would love to hear from

I would love to hear from anyone else who would also like to contribute video content to the video page and see what your ideas are and if we can fit it in... email me if you have thoughts and would be interested in doing it... and assuming you have the ability to record and edit high quality video/audio... :) Thanks! support@postpoems.org

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

admin's picture
I'm so excited... I just

I'm so excited... I just can't hide... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it... :)

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

running_with_rabbits's picture
:-)

Jason my dear you are such a geek in all the awesome ways.

Much Love

Ashley

admin's picture
teehee

thx! ;)

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

Leo87's picture
im looking forward to this as

im looking forward to this as well..mabye we could get a bunch of people involved in a poem together... give them a topic of something to write about.. and let them write afew lines here and there afterwards edit the poem so each line fits... just a thought that came when reading the artical..

readmy5tuff's picture
im down for a colab!!!

im down for a colab!!!

MatthewWayne's picture
like they said I too am

like they said I too am anxiously awaiting to see how this project turns out!!! :)

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

kerry's picture
Hope this works well

Hope this works well, and thanks for taking it on.

Sivus's picture
This sounds great.

Hope to see it come to fruition soon!