Who else struggles with making friends?

7 replies [Last post]
jg439271's picture

Anyone else have a hard time making friends as well??

I hate having social anxiety :(

Matthew 7:14

The Narrow Gate

lizardking's picture
yeah i definitely get the

yeah i definitely get the same thing. i live in a town that has no real center to just wait around and meet people. i have church friends and i have work friends, and my only real friend outside of those circles moved to a commune recently. i have a lot of spare time to write, on the upside

allets's picture
Friends

The older u get, the older friends die and the younger ones do not share the same interests. I simply have an open invite going perpetually. Oddly, most shy away for whatever reasons, but if only one in fifty or a hundred say "yes" that's a good year's work!

Lady_Macbeth's picture
Social Anxiety

Preach it! I've always found it difficult to make friends; it's a concern that I won't make enough of an impact, or that they'll forget me. So, you're not alone. But sometimes it's easier and more comforting to be with a nose in a book or with your head in the clouds, or even inside your own head. 

Doodle_Dudette's picture
Similar Feelings

Hey.

I'm Priya. Yes, I feel the same. Social phobia. Fear of rejections.

WasteOfPaint's picture
I believe so much in what I

I believe so much in what I say, but I unfortunately find it hard to practice what I preach lol, perhaps 2016 we should both try and live in this positive manner :)

My mother was a rainbow

My father turned her grey

they loved me like a sky lantern

they watched me fly away

WasteOfPaint's picture
Search for Happiness

I think the search for friends can be a hindrance to meeting people we find compatible. If we concentrate of doing things we enjoy and find interesting then our interaction is likely to be with peoplewho  enjoy the same activity, and if you do really enjoy doing it then your mind is occupied by things other than making friends, allowing a friendship to naurally develop.

The key thing in making short term friendships (which can develop into life long friendships) is to do things that make you happy. Happiness is the most infectious thing in the world. Everyone wants to be happy and if you are, people will be drawn towards you because they want a piece of your happiness too. You must learn to be truely happy on your own, with yourself and be in love with yourself. Then you will have the power of selection over your friendships.

But that is just my takeon the subject :) I wish you much happiness.

My mother was a rainbow

My father turned her grey

they loved me like a sky lantern

they watched me fly away

jg439271's picture
wow , oure right. so much

wow , oure right. so much depth in your words. I love it!

Thank you so much for kindlt repling ^_^

Matthew 7:14

The Narrow Gate