NEW HERE ...Is there a risk of someone stealing your work........i'm afraid to post

2 replies [Last post]
MinorJazzMajorBlues's picture

Just wondering if People steal stuff here often, I'm new

MatthewWayne's picture
Copyright laws are pretty

Copyright laws are pretty simple and straight forward for any "Writer" Once you pen it, its basicly yours so long as you have the hardcopy for proof. Now posting them online is a VERY good thing, as once it's posted it is time stamped which has actually been upheld in court. Other ways of copyrighting your work if you are die hard paranoid you can do the "poor" mans method of certify mailing yourself all your writing (just don't open the package) since the post office stamps it with the date, and its being sealed theres no tampering with it, and this does work for the courts... There is a US government webpage I used to know that would go indepth on copyright laws..

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

admin's picture
No, not that I am aware of...

No, not that I am aware of... When I do become aware of any such thing, the person is instantly banned and the stolen work removed. Zero tolerance for that kind of thing around here. :)

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org