Firefox Spell Checking suddenly doesn't work on PP

2 replies [Last post]
Sivus's picture

I may be the only one with this issue, or at least, the only one noticing, but: have any other Firefox users noticed that the ability to spell check has suddenly been lost when writing in a Post Poems text box? All I get now is the option, when right-clicking, to "Add Dictionaries" which I have done, to no avail or difference. It's frustrating because I often write using the PP window itself, and now have to resort to an outside text file or even Tumblr (which is awful because the page formatting on Tumblr is just a mess that they absolutely will not fix).

This may be an easily-rectifiable issue but I am not a whiz with computers like some people are so any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Sivus's picture
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Jason! I figured it had something to do with the browser I'm using, rather than the website itself. I can't pinpoint exactly when the problem first occurred but I know it was within the last couple of weeks. I also recall there being an update for Firefox very recently, which may well be the culprit.

admin's picture
Oddly I just noticed the same

Oddly I just noticed the same thing when replying to a private message using Chrome on a Mac. I usually get the squiggly line under a misspelled word, but I'm not getting it now. When did it last work for sure? Because oddly, I haven't changed anything relating to text boxes in a long while. I believe I can turn on spell checking in the text box, but it's a button you have to click at the top. Not as streamlined and consistent as what you are used to seeing from your browser.

I will definitely look into this as it is very strange.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org