It's taking over,
it's forcing me to write
such tired old cliches.

Life, strife,
depression, aggression,
perfection, defection,
intelligence, ignorance,
silence and violence,
and light and what's right for the people.

What is love,
what are dreams,
what is hope
hear the screams?
Can you see,
we are blind,
what is truth,
can you find
the key to being something.

Enough!
Where has my creativity gone?
Where are all my ideas?
Always something new,
must be something new!
Where is the light-

-I've done it again!

The curse shall never lift!
Nothing of interest,
no inspiration,
nothing- nothing to write!

Someody-
Anybody!
Lift this curse upon me!
Free me from the blight
of being forced to write
these horrible cliches!

owlcrkbrg's picture
I can't help the way I look

When I was born they swatted my mother instead of me for giving birth to such a horrid child.

"There is no good writing, only good editing."

Warhead's picture
Try not to go too deep with

Try not to go too deep with your work.

Don't just stick with normal poetry! Write some prose of flash fiction. It all helps.

You have the urge to write and I can see the potential

Owl trolls like a pussy and if he leaves his mouth open I'll play him a tune with his cat gut

owlcrkbrg's picture
And this is pretty much a joke:

"Not for the weak or meek, come on in and get a critique!"

Go-a-Green-a's picture
I figured that meant I would

I figured that meant I would get a critique. Guess not.

owlcrkbrg's picture
An Idea

If you want to write good poetry you need to read good poetry. Lots of it.

soulive2213's picture
and you do yourself no

and you do yourself no justice with that ridiculous photo...just thought you should know

n/a
soulive2213's picture
Not necessarily true

I agree with the blanket statement that if you want to write better than you should read more. But one does not have to read poetry religiously to write good poetry. They just have to read, it doesn't matter if it is fiction, non fiction, newspapers, magazines or in fact poetry....just read. Even then it comes down to writing a whole hell of a a lot. Many a talented writers have read little and been successful, their secret....never stop writing.

n/a
Go-a-Green-a's picture
I do, this was a poem about a

I do, this was a poem about a creative block, I wasn't saying all poems I write are cliches. Every writer gets strapped for ideas now and again.

SSmoothie's picture
writers blocks

I dont ever bother writing untill I have something to write. Be it for years or minutes the biggest injustice is to write for writing's sake. Im not saying I'm a great writer, (I like what I do) but there are plenty of other things to do in life to inspire poetry. Mind you some gems have poured out from pure bordom. On the other hand I have not written a real poem outside a birthday card for years at a time. I think I have become a better writer for it. As for your mix of words, i find pretty good I would have liked to have seen some totally obvious cliches all the way through :) the structure is abit loose with the rhythm but i did like it overall. btw caps are overated and im generally annoying... nice to meet you.

Don't let any one shake your dream stars from your eyes, lest your soul Come away with them! -SS    

"Well, it's love, but not as we know it."

Go-a-Green-a's picture
Granted this is not my best

Granted this is not my best poem. But in my opinion, the greatest injustice is not writing for writing's sake, it's being a writer and not writing at all. I write because I love it, I write because I want to write and when I want to write, that's just what I'll do. Nothing will stop me from picking up a pencil even if I'm not sure of my idea. You know why? All I need is one line. I write one line, I'll make it a story, a poem, anything. If I can find one single good line in something I have written, I know it wasn't a waste of time. And, like everything else in life, writing takes practice. And the only way you are able to practice writing is by writing and loving every minute of it.

I write simply because I love doing it. If someone else doesn't like my work, then oh well. I love to write and I'll never stop. Not a day goes by I don't think about stories and poems and impossible ideas. I have no fear of writing something bad. If I do, then I can learn from it. I can pick out my mistakes and fix them. I can't so this when I've written nothing at all.

But people do have different styles. And though I respect yours, it does not seem to suit me very well. I'd die if I couldn't write.

SSmoothie's picture
No, I totally agree with you,

No, I totally agree with you, I'm a teacher, I was talking about being asked to write something as opposed to being inspired to write. But if I don't have anything to write I don't stress. This is particularly true at report writing time where 50,000 words describing individuals and their talents effectively takes its toll. Being an art/drama/social science/ and physical Ed teacher teaching 11 subjects a week this drains you. so yes I agree with you on writing in the blood but I preferr when the pen and paper screams my name as I am pretty busy most of the time. It's never been for the lack of loving to write. but there is no harm in not writing till the time is right to write. I've lost countless awesome ideas or passed them on to others if they are great enough one day they will retun and I will write them :).

Don't let any one shake your dream stars from your eyes, lest your soul Come away with them! -SS    

Go-a-Green-a's picture
I've been known to wake up at

I've been known to wake up at 4am after a dream and scrabble around for paper and a pen to write down a new idea derrived from said dream. The worst thing in the world is loosing your idea. For me, it doesn't matter what I'm doing, I HAVE to write down that idea. I've lost too many by waiting 'till later. But I understand being busy. It sucks when you have to do something else, but all you can think of is writing. I'm like that with essays. Forced to write so many completely pointless essays when all I can think of is fiction and free-style.

I do have much respect for you, though. I could never teach. I can't plan things out. I just go with my instinct and see where it takes me. ...Unfortunately, that doesn't tend to work in a classroom.

SSmoothie's picture
Actually it does plus I am

Actually it does plus I am dyslexic, my class rooms work by feel and mood of the class and I teach chaos to find order. I love my job it allows me to be very creative, however, Ive started grabbing the iPad lately in response I've let the Christmas shopping and house work go to shit and your responses are in trouble for that ;) thanks so much I've been called to arms with the might pen-pad? Lol

Go-a-Green-a's picture
Well, then. Good luck in your

Well, then. Good luck in your Christmas shopping.

I still couldn't be a teacher, but I do respect them. It may sound pathetic, but I want to be in animation. Yeah... a writer for an animated show, doesn't sound like much but I just love animation so damn much. If I had an idea, I'd create a show myself. Perhaps I'll get one one day.

SSmoothie's picture
Not much? You say that to a

Not much? You say that to a drama & art teacher? Two words: stop-motion and YouTube. Start with stick figures on sticky notes or photos with captions I can't wait to see them the gauntlet is laid... The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one footstep! (In your case finger print) Now there's a catch 22 pressure to be creative ;) a Christmas present worthy of most inauspicious annoying personality types such as myself ;) dare to be brilliant!

Go-a-Green-a's picture
Stop motion... Yes, I know it

Stop motion... Yes, I know it well. 164 frames for a Films project. The idea was to have cartoon characters try to escape a comic strip, then jump into the real world as clay models. 130 frames drawn by hand and 30 pictures of clay models for only a minute's worth of animation.

Still fun, though.

Anyway, happy holidays.

SSmoothie's picture
Awesome! Was that ur idea or

Awesome! Was that ur idea or a set task? happy holidays to you too :)