Publishing and all its evils

3 replies [Last post]
running_with_rabbits's picture

k long story short, I was asked to publish a while back, did not, in a moment of drunken stupitity I promised my friend if I ever had the chance again I would take it. So this summer I was asked to put together a small portfolio of works, for a friend to pass along to a publisher he knows, problem is I have 800 and someodd poems

anyone willing to help me pick twenty lucky stars to be a beacon of dark in the happy?

Much Love

Ashley

thanks Jason this post is so

thanks Jason

this post is so old, I already picked everything for the book. I went with kind of a theme and picked the poems based on how they progress you through that theme.

tho the critique forum would be a good idea

Much Love

Ashley

owlcrkbrg's picture
Choosing poems

800 poems would be a lot to go through. Maybe you can narrow the choices down to 100 or less? Maybe an even better idea would be to post them one at a time in a critique forum and see which ones get the most positive responses. They might get some good edit suggestions, also. 

"The best way to kill a poem is to have it published." (I forget who I'm quoting).

Dan

"There is no good writing, only good editing."

:) thanks, I did start an

:) thanks, I did start an excelle file with all my poems and got it down to about 45 I kinda like, I think lol 

and I agree, poetry should be written to express yourself, but my friend, being the humanist he is, feels my poetry could help alot of people

the whole you are not alone, blah, blah , balh stuff

and I was drunk

and a promise is a promise

Much Love

Ashley