My father´s turntable

No replies
cobian02's picture

My father´s turntable
It is magic how just a song can change the atmosphere around you. It is magic how a sound can be strongly linked to a feeling, a moment and a space. When I bring to my mind my father, years ago, when I was just a little girl, I think about his turntable. Breakfast in the morning and me waking up with Beatles and Queen´s songs are one of the best memories of my childhood. 
This turntable makes my father remember those days when he was a young man without knowing what the future had prepared for him.  Later, when he got married he could play music just during his free time, the short time he had for him, because he worked a lot. By the time, the turntable became a valuable possession for the whole family. My mother played songs on the turntable, when she and I were alone at the house during the mornings when my father went to work and my sister was at the school. My sister also played songs on it and we danced together, it was really nice because we had a lot of fun. 
Once, my sister was trying to play a disc, but accidentally she broke the needle. My father tried to find a replacement, but he didn’t find it until years later. My father loves his turntable, he loves hearing music, he keeps LP discs, however the old turntable doesn’t work anymore. I can say the sound of music played by a turntable is like no other, despite this turntable is not the best, specifically the sound of my father´s turntable in our home and with our family can´t be compared with anything.  My father knows that, he is the kind of person who enjoys life and people at the moment without worrying about the future. 
Relationships are like a needle, they let us free the potential inside a person and it is very hard to replace them. My   father has always helped me to discover the best things inside me, like a needle crossing the disc to let us hear the best music.  However,  I can say our relationship is not as fragile as the turntable´s needle, the mainly difference is that the needle is real, but our relationship is true. Those things which are true are the ones which last forever, no matter the time, the space or the distance; the needle is there, and you just have to activate it.   

Biography 
About me: 
I was born in Amealco Queretaro, (México), a quiet small town in 1992. I have one sister four years older than me named Raquel. I lived with my family untill I started high school, when I moved to Queretaro city. I love astronomy and physics, I love challenges . Now I live in Monterrey and I study Engeeniering Physics at Monterrey Tech. I love reading, I dont write a lot but when I do it, it really helps me to see things about myself and about my sorounding clearler.   
n/a