Nirvana-a lyric

1 reply [Last post]
adam1461's picture

drink from this chalice.
i have brought you what you asked
a dense mist of life, with adulterated lust.
oh,you wanted to sleep i know
but this drink will lull you further
this drink you hear, will
cradle you to heaven's harbour

oh,love-child of mine
weep no more.
oh,love child of her
sleep no more.
drink on my love
see the crazy lil' dove
pretty children she bore.

i have it what you want
slept you have all day.
wake,child of mine
and fight for your death.
you are asleep,and they fall,
wake and give them slumber faith.

oh,love child of mine
gone is the sky
blown away the ashes now.
oh child of ours,
be killed not with smoke.
there you are now
alone you have awoke.

WolfLarsen's picture
It feels very Romantic to me,

It feels very Romantic to me, like it is influenced by the Romantic period, and I've always liked Romantic period poetry. I can see that this person is very skilled at poetry. There are some beautiful lines here and there. There are many people who love this style of poetry. However, to me it feels just a bit archaic. Adam1461 seems very talented at writing poetry, but no matter how talented you are it is difficult to breathe life into Romantic period poetry unless you do something completely new with it. You're not the first person to try and breathe new life into this form of poetry, but I don't care how talented the poet is, Romanticism is dead, unless you can do something completely new with it. When I say that Romanticism is dead I'm not saying that John Keats and company aren't great, but remember when they wrote this style of poetry in the 19th century it was something new and daring and fresh!

But why listen to me? It's your time. Write all the Romantic era poetry you want to!

And anyway maybe you're wondering what I'm on about, because perhaps writing a Romantic era poem was not your intention at all, and maybe I'm completely off the mark.

Have a nice day Sir.

n/a