A Calling to All You Mysterious Ladies Of Perspective (formerly Volatility Quest and From the Eyes of a Glum Optimistic)

1 reply [Last post]
deepblue's picture

From the eyes of a glum optimistic I see the ways of the world
The motives, the assignments
I sneer at my unfulfilling role - one of subdued reliability without conclusion
When all i want is a shared volatility without illusion

this conflicted day is solemn...and awful dreary
although the sun's luminous smile and honest, warm clouds speak
The scene is nullified by a dark oppression

Neglectful rain slithers with carelessness, directionless meandering
with no signs of guidance, or free will other than the sciences of a physical truth

Definitely not the genetic descendent of several berated heretics and beloved heroes...where a moral code is concrete but the road less traveled is hazardous
Where opportunity and presentation are magnificent when your lane merges into another when knowingly necessary

...No
This is a slow day.
With nothing of importance to express
..but the vanilla sorrow, and the glare of another crescent moon ahead

To assume a new noble role is not only to know the detailed consequences of reason
But also the necessity of a conquered sum of trivial fears

I am equipt to endure this adversity

And I know another day of this tranquil isolation becomes a liability for myself
This stillness is as comfortable as it is threatening, stifling, choking

I urge myself to hope - to send jolts of uncoordinated electricity through my bloodstream
Especially when this engine runs idle for so long...

I wonder when I will capture the need to investigate the reality of this simple scene
and decide when it is the time for something more to satisfy these embattled bones

Or if you'll just make me

deepblue's picture
thank you much

I appreciate it very much - this has become one of my personal favorites over time, i've had a lot of fun editing and reediting it into something completely diffferent than the first version i wrote years ago