PostPoems a Publication.

42 replies [Last post]
MatthewWayne's picture

Want to be published? Any aspiring author would love and jump at a chance to have his or her work in the spot light for all eyes to gander at and if you are like me you have dreamed more then once to have made it a career, however like anyone in this trade has found that getting published is a vary hard thing to accomplish and to get paid for your talent? Best keep your head out of the clouds as a once famous author once said, Most poets and authors find themselves to be poor, and in poverty before their skills become known.

So after stalking Jason he has agreed to let me use the title "PostPoems" for the title of the book, a fitting title if you ask me as this offer extends ONLY to members of PostPoems. and your poetry/prose must be posted on the site to qualify to be published in this volume. Now to get the hard part out of the way. There is no profit in this publication, infact if you want a copy you will even have to order one yourself, I cannot promise EVERYONE a copy when it costs me to even get one. I have been self publishing for awhile now, and have decided to try this project through my newly formed infant publishing label M.D. Publications. which you can read up about here www.facebook.com/M.D.Publications
What I can promise you however is right's reserved to your own work! A chance to spotlight some of your favorite peices, basicly free publicity!. PostPoems will have it own Printed book. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask. If you are interested in getting published in PostPoems, then I will need your consent to publish a few of your pieces, if you cannot meet the submission requirements I am aranging for "staff" to help me in that deparment. If you are having trouble decideing between what you wish to publish in your vast library then do not worry we will Randomly select for you.

Submission Requirements Book Format; layout; dimensions 6.69" x 9.61"
Each Author will get 4 or 5 pages. (subjected to Change) Depending on the length of each piece submitted will depend on the number of entries allowed.
NO Formatting required, it will make my job a LOT easier please! I will respect the author's layout of their work to the extend of "Font" "Text Size" and "Profanity". I want young adults to be able to read this and not worry about out raged parents.

Now if you are interested and can meet those easy guidelines reply to this post, with your
Name/Pen Name That you wish to be published under
A BRIEF introduction of yourself Something to let the readers know who you are
Your Submissions The pieces you wish to submit to the publication.

Please only reply on this topic if you wish to submit your work to this book, question or comments I will ask to be directed in another post I will make thank you!

UPDATE 5-28-12

If you wish to include a way to contact you such as "email" incase any readers want to contact you, I will of course offically let the readers know how to access the site and their favorite author to stalk haha. But I also posted a new topic for the Authors of the publication you can find it in Conversation Kiosk!

UPDATE 6-05-12

After a short bout without internet I am finally able to catch up on the posts here, I am proud to say we are now at 22 of our 25 authors!! Hurry and submit your name before the slots fill up!!

UPDATE 6-10-12

We Did it!!!! We hit our 25 Author goal, however do not let this discourage you from still submitting if you find yourself interested! The deadline is closed however late submissions will be considered depending on a few aspects. Now that we have reached the 25 author benchmark I will begin working on compiling the Volume together!! So keep checking back.

UPDATE 6-28-12

I have decided to extend the 25 author limit; I cannot in good concious hold anyone back from publishing their work. However most of the little work has been taken care of, and I am about to begin work on the core of the book itself which is you, and will have to stop taking submission by that time so as to get all the authors sorted and situated in the book. Also, as the time goes I will end up contacting all the respected authors here regarding their pages and the like. This publication will be some time in the making I am taking a wild guess at the moment to say it would be a few months before you could expect to see a copy of this.

UPDATE 10-26-12

With Author Submissions closed, I had begun the task of assembeling this publication. Things started going smoothly but hit a little bump in the road, with time restraints and work. Also to get the cover done, I am enlisting the help of a very very talented photographer!!! So in November around my brithday I plan on taking a trek down to Austin (and the surrounding areas) to get a photoshoot done, so it would be business and pleasure! In the mean time I have put this publication on hold until I secure that key aspect of this book. Once that hurdle has been jumped, smooth sailing is expected till the release of this book!!! I just want to thank all the Authors here who volunteered for their wonderful talent and paitence in this publication!!! The reason for the delay is I am not looking to throw cheap work out into the market, I am VARY OCD about my work and perfection is the only standard I try and release. I am sure you all would agree.

UPDATE 11-01-12

I just wanted to wish everyone a belated happy halloween!!! November will start a very hetic scedual for me, as I will be getting ready to go on my business vacation?? haha I wanted to Let everyone here know of the current progress with the publication... I am hoping to have a workable preview for all the authors here. I would also like to ask if you would like to revise ANY of your information/submissions do so now please, I will be taking the time to review each author here, I would also like to ask if you would like to include an email, a photo (I will use your profile picture! So if you want a picture please have your Postpoems photo changed to your picture. I will not include pictures that are not of you.) I will do my best to personally message each author as I get to them...

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

MatthewWayne's picture
UPDATE 10/26 Just posted!!

UPDATE 10/26
Just posted!!

"I am my own sort of strange, a supernova of madness and brillance. Forced to share the same space and time. Sane enough to not be seen, yet not crazy enough to be heard." -- Matthew Wayne

admin's picture
excellent

Awesome, thanks for the update!!!

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

MatthewWayne's picture
Another update!! :D

Another update!! :D

Lovina57's picture
Is this project still

Is this project still on-going or already finished up?

MatthewWayne's picture
Submissions I am affraid are

Submissions I am affraid are closed.... However if you are really interested I might be able to squeeze you in :P just follow the guidelines above for submission requirements and I will get back to you when I can. :)

Also would just like to let everyone know that everything is going smoothly and have not ran into an complications other than time restraints.. hard to juggle a couple book projects with a full time job haha. Don't worry you will see your art in print! :)

admin's picture
Thank you for working on

Thank you for working on this... I have another long time member who is helping me start a video blog that will feature postpoems members, content and news. Once that gets going I'd like to get this and your vision for it promoted through that on video or something... we can figure it out once I get the video stuff set up. I may even make it where multiple users can submit video's -- I know you post videos sometimes on youtube, so maybe we can discuss that. Anyways, I'll let you know once I get the framework for displaying and organizing the videos on postpoems set up and we can go from there. :)

Jason Minton
PostPoems Admin
support@postpoems.org

MatthewWayne's picture
No thank you, for letting me

No thank you, for letting me try my hand at this new and exciting project and yes that video blog thing seems interesting! Just msg me when you get the framework for it going and let me know, we can have a pow'wow over the details and the like haha.

AlejandroBonfil's picture
I know this is super late.

I would LOVE to be included, if it isn't too late.

Name: Alejandro M. Bonfil
Intro: As a classical composer, poetry has always been another form of music to me. I hope you enjoy my work.

Works I would like to be included:

1. On grass
2. White Clouds
3. Black Clouds
4. Three Nights

Thank you!
You can email me at: AlexB2692@gmail.com

xMattx's picture
publishing

You can throw in any of my stuff if you want.

Simply.Savannah.'s picture
Hope I'm Not Too Late

Hi, I'm Savannah Howe. I'm a young writer who is hunting for chances to get my writing noticed.

If it fancies you, I would love to have Ignorance in the Sky and Waves, Take me Away. Thank you so very much for considering me (if you do); thank you, will all of my heart!

kyoksil's picture
I hope my work may be published

Hi, I hope i'm not too late for this

Name/Pen Name: Kyo Zapanta
A BRIEF introduction: I am a single mom who relieves stress through writing.

The poems that I hope to be included are

1. My Deviant Art
2. Feticide
3. Philophobia
4. Pica
5. Obsessively Compelled

Or if you find them somehow to be unfit or to deviate from the theme of the book, please see my other English poems and choose whichever you find fit.

Thank you :)

vvbhatus's picture
publishing

You can publish any poems of mine.

I am V V Bhat from Bangalore

enuminous's picture
Submission

I just got around to finding out about this book. I would love to have any of my poems in it, if the submission is still open. Feel free to pick any of the poems in my portfolio.

Thanks,

Matthew

Sivus's picture
Ack Sorry - E-mail!

Sorry I haven't read this post in a bit. Please include my e-mail in my entry if I still am able to. RDVentre@gmail.com

alkaharuno's picture
can i submit now? my name is

can i submit now?
my name is alka gupta
i'm 17 years old from new delhi, India, love writing and i'm writing poem to fulfill my dream

submission- forever my friend and friendship, it's all about you..........and whatever you think is well enough to publish if it is not too late

poetry_freak's picture
If still reviewing authors for publication...

I know that I am a bit late, but still greatly intrigued at perhaps a last minute shot and consideration?
Name: Shay Richardson

Submission requests:
1. Girl 2. Greasy 3. The Outer Limits of Graffiti 4. My mother 5. Arabian abstra

I am just another aspiring writer with what I'd like to think as a knack for unique verbal ability. I enjoy finding new ways and words to express common thought and new ideas. Poetry is the best form of therapy to me and non judgmental communication. I hope to one day find myself greatly established, but for now it will remain my favorite way of calming the soul. I value and appreciate constructive criticism in order to help me grow as a writer, although these days I may face a little discouragement from a creative block. Within good time, hopefully I can will myself back into the field!

Thank you in advance for looking over my work!

emmenay's picture
GREAT IDEA INDEED!

Jason does wonders for free and this, along with you my dear fellow poet, happens to be the latest! I congratulate you both. You can go to my poetry site and select the poems and the bio too is there along with the photograph (latest). I wish you all the best and may God Almighty help you in your selfless venture!

Muhammad Naveed Ahmed.

Pen name:Emmenay.

Yahoo email ID:Ambitious7

Initials: M.N. Ahmed.

MatthewWayne's picture
I would be more than happy to

I would be more than happy to have your art included into this publication, I would like to ask under what publishing name should I use?

chosenjuan's picture
AWESOME IDEA!

It would be awesome if some of my poems will be published on this book. I would really love to get a copy of this once it's done. :P

Account name: chOsenjuan
I don’t live in the past. That’s all I can say. 9 years ago, poetry has been the soulful account which gave words a whole new meaning. Life has so many opportunities, it could be bad or best for you. It is always your decision which drives you along the way. –John Christopher Basa from Philippines. | johncbasa@live.com

Submissions:
• Missing You
• Lies
• And There’s These Voices
• Revolver
• The Angel Who Stares

seepy's picture
Publication

I really would love to be included in this publication.

Name: Chris Perkins.

I am a 70 year old New Zealander, living in the North Island. I started writing poetry many years ago.
I live with my wife who is also a poet.

Possible pieces for publication include: Old Harp
Sea Bird
Star Flute
For Old Lang Syne
Marram
Love Of The Land

dancergirlrox's picture
Sounds awesome!

Pen name: Stargirl

Description: A hopelessly romantic young girl who is learning by living, laughing by loving, and finding her way by creating it.

Poems I'd like to be featured (in order of most to least important):
Under the same sky
I am...
Thinking of you

...and any others that you'd like to!!

Thanks so much! :D

MLongworth's picture
What a fantastic opportunity

Hello My name is Matthew Longworth, I'm 22, born on 20/12/1989 and work as a care assistant in Burnley, Lancashire, England.
I like use use words to express myself a lot, whether it be through a poem or through music. One of my posts "A Life Forgotten" is an acoustic track which i have written. Where as "Soulmate" was a way of putting into words the true depth of my adoration for my girlfriend. I would love to have both of the stated posts published as I feel it would be a true honour to see my work in print. This is an excellent idea and think a lot of praise is necessary.

With thanks

MLongworth

Matthew Longworth

Joel's picture
Great Idea!

Thank you for this opportunity!

Name - David Joel Rodriguez (Publishing Name)
Name on this site - Joel

"I enjoy poetry to release love and anger whether it is present or hidden. After writing for so long, I have been lucky to paint the picture. My life and in writing has been like an empty canvas. Sketches were my baby steps… As I got older, my vague paintings became vivid. I relied heavily on 'that love and anger' to add various color. I intentionally dwell on the past, like searching a memory Rolodex to complete one silly line or phrase. Like a radio, I love turning the knobs searching the audible snow till whatever came to mind becomes clear…"

I don't know which ones, but here are a few...

'12 Mile Attached
'11 Mystifying Edge
'11 Either Egos or I goes
'09 A Violins Violence
'05 Life in the Rapids

--
"You think Einstein walked around thinking everyone was a bunch of dumb-shits?"

alxorange's picture
I would like to be published

My name is Benjamin Swicker. Name on here is alxorange

I'm in my early 30s and have been writing poems since I was a teenager. I'm semi-retired right now, but would love to share my work with others.

Poems I would like to include are: An Autumn Whisper, Eternal Light, Heaven, Hell And The In-between, Memoirs Of Forgotten Youth and anything else you deem worthy for this book.

Thank you!

deepblue's picture
count me in!

My name is Kris Settle - pen name is Deepblue (prefer my real name if i need to choose between the two)

Intro - Now approaching the back half of my twenties, I have been writing poetry for over a decade. I've always seen poetry as sort of a portal into the past experiences in my life - it allows me to channel myself back to the memories of yesterday, for better or worse. I am extremely grateful for the art of poetry, my ability to showcase my spirit, and for all of the people that have contributed to my writing in the past. (including many poets on this site!) I am also grateful for the opportunity to share my work with everybody here - hope you enjoy my work as much as I do!

Submissions I'd like - To My Dad, Boys v Men, Warts, A Toast to Love, Journey - and honestly if there was anybody who wanted a different one in there by all means go for it

Snow's picture
I want to be published

Name is kaeto mckay , pen name ,Snow
about me, 17 years old im just a kid trying to survive .
Poems > Good guys finish last , a change for the worse ,feel ,till the day

n/a
clutchforbalance's picture
My name is Raina_Deathstar, I

My name is Raina_Deathstar, I am 25 from Texas and have been writing for 13 years, have over 400 poems and 2 stories. Possible entries could be: Duality, Abuse, Sea song, or any other choices not named. Thank you and I hope I get a chance to be included.

It seems that the only people who can see pain in others' eyes, are people who have seen it in their own...

truedreams's picture
permission to publish my poems

Dauda Muideen Lanre are my names,my pen-name is Truedreams, i am a nigerian from africa,i was born in october 30,1986,am talented with writing because my pen does teach me what to write without even thinking,some of my poems have taken a space in local newspapers,am into all genres of literature,one of writers of United State African Literary Foundation. In the case of submission, with all due respect,i pleasingly leave you with choice to select any of your desire among my poems. Thank you

joshomac's picture
Publishing name: Joshua

Publishing name: Joshua Martin Olivera

Introduction: Born January 7th, 1992. Grew up in Florida, born in Chicago. Serving as a Hospital Corpsman in the US Navy, live for the happiness of my loved ones. Do personal training on my off time and MMA. Writing has helped me express myself in many ways, especially dealing with stressful events in my life.

Possible Entries: Chains, You, Sad

Beyond the scope of light,

Beyond the reach of dark..

Mardigan (not verified)
Mardigan's picture
Chyea

Sounds great, glad to see you doing something like this, and I thank you!
My name is Matthew Clingan
I love to live, especially peacefully, writing has become a passion of mine I like to feel my arm is connected to my heart strings and that's how the words come out, I'm currently 19 years old residing in the depths of heat, El Paso Texas.

The pieces I would like submitted are:
"Swampy Delight"
[Edit]
"Listening with heart"

montyc6's picture
I would like to be in this

I would like to be in this book.
My name is Lamont Colbert and my pen name is truly_gifted.
I'm an 18 year old from the bronx, new york and i would like for my poems: words unspoken, love sick blues, unwritten, and secret admirer to be published.
My email is montyc6@hotmail.com
Thank you for this opportunity.

Irockpoker's picture
would love to be in the book

Richard R. Starkweather (rstarkweather003@yahoo.com)
irockpoker ( if only using one name please go with my real name )
I have been writing for about 10+ years due to a car accident that changed my life forever, not because of a tragedy but because of gaining an awearness to the world and being able to put these feelings down on paper creating wonderful works of art called poetry

you may use these poems and others located in folder titled 'all the #1's'
*Memories
* irockpoker
* It dont matter (she will always be)
*Unlimited Kisses
*M elissa W e A re H eaven
*Click of a switch
* You Save Me
* Because you love me
*Here today, gone tomorrow
*heavens girl
*minus you

irockpoker

kiwi's picture
Publishing

I would love to be included in this publishing opportunity.
Publishing name: Eunice Perkins.

Introduction: I was born in 1947. I live in the North Island of New Zealand with my husband, Chris, who is also a poet. I have been writing poetry since I was in my teens and have had various ones published on the net and in a book.

Possible Entries: The Tempest
Tui
Fire
Disappointment
Wings Against The Wind.
Drifting Dreams
Autumn
This New Land

n/a
Shadow_season's picture
I am Jason Cody

I really don't know what to say on this, but I would love the chance to have something published, even if I don't make any money right now. I would be happy just knowing others are reading it and that they enjoy it.

Submissions. Algorithm, Unbound by the programs that control artificial consciousness/escape during the eclipse cycle/the upgrading of the program, What waits on the other side, The eagle, A sheep lost to the slaughter, The battle mile.

Le'Vasseur's picture
Im interested

My name Is Blaine M Le'Vasseur
I'm 20 years old im a single father of a three years old. Im currently Attending college in Maine. In the hopes if becoming an ecologists
I love to Hike, mountain climb, mountain bike, skateboard and snowboard. I like anything recreational and i also love making poetry and music
I REALLY like learning new things traveling and experiencing new cultures, My dream is to travel and see the world

MY poems: Overcome : A Light In A Darkend World : the angel of my nightmare : Trancending chapters

Sivus's picture
I'm interested too

Name: Rob Ventre Jr. (We can use our real names, right?)

Info: I'm a young man in my early twenties who enjoys reading and writing poetry, dabbling in science fiction, listening to and playing music, being artistic, playing video games and interacting with good and honest people. I also love anything funny or comedic. Poetry is my favored means of expression, and allows me to filter all of my negativity into something positive and worthwhile.

Submissions: Building Burned Eternal, Bar Bin Ballooning, Love Sans Frills, Man Made of Muddle, Nine Hour Hum.

Thanks!

MatthewWayne's picture
hi there!!! I have reached

hi there!!! I have reached your entry into the publication, I have a few questions. first is that your real photo? Second, would you like to update any of the information/submissions? I will accept up to 5 pages.

MatthewWayne's picture
Also if you have an email

Also if you have an email addy you would not mind being published :)

ADAPT's picture
Best news I have heard all year.

Pen name: Unknownprodigy
My Introduction (taken straight from my profile):
I have everything to prove, I have everything to offer. Not many listen to my words or what I have to say, or just simply understand what ive been through. these are my words, they will be published one day, through song, transcripts and voice. one way or another I will help others with my words. I will give hope. Maybe, just maybe i can give someone hope. When they believe all is lost. I have seen and witnessed it all. This is my story. read it piece by piece, page by page, chapter by chapter. But my words are my life. And they show all I have to offer. Take it or leave it. I am Joey Drake And this is only the introductory to my story.

"Submissions" I cannot decide on my own since I have 150 plus separate pieces on here. My folders are categorized by the topic I bestowed on writing at the time. I would say just off the top of my head witch i think is my best work "The water" "Endless paradigm Schematics" "Codeine Galaxy" "worth is a book with no cover" "Architects" "An Alternative Cycle" feel free to use any of it. Just contact me with witch ever ones you decide to use.

G

MatthewWayne's picture
First off Thank you for

First off Thank you for consenting to allow me to publish your work! I would have pmed you this message but I am hoping here soon we will be getting more and more authors volunteering. When we get the chance to look over your work we will most deffiently get back to you on which pieces we will use. You can follow our progress more closely on our FB page, or wait as I will release updates on the message boards.

Queen_Serenity's picture
Pen Name : Queen

Pen Name : Queen Serenity
Brief into: I am a long term sufferer of depression, i find poetry a helpful way to connect with others. i like pretty sparkly things and im not all doom and gloom.
Submissions: anything of mine except the folder N/A - as i dont like those much

Elfy's picture
Hey i was looking through

Hey i was looking through some of your work, and if you dont mind me saying
i think silver wings is a beautifull piece and maybe you should think about using that one.
:)

-Elfy*